Buy at KW Empanadas!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frequent flyer rules – #01

(En español más abajo)

CanadaI have been keeping some notes about travelling and life at the airport, and I actually thought some were funny. Then one day I met Dave, who’s Vice President for the company I work for, and it turned out he had been keeping his own notes, and his were way funnier than mine (I’m not sucking up, it’s true; the guy is just very funny, what can I say). Since some of my own notes are still… er… acceptable, I will share them with you. Let me know what you think.

Boarding your flight
Rule of the undocumented line jumper

If for whatever reason you allow somebody to cut in the line right in front of you (let’s say it’s an elderly person), such individual will not have his/her documentation ready or even worse, available, so you will have to wait for an extra 3 to 5 minutes.

Boarding your flight
A bottleneck is a good thing

They start to call to board your flight. First Class and Business go first, of course, and then people with young children or disabled. So far, so good. Then they start to board those sitting in the back of the plane, let’s say rows 25 and higher.

Chaos ensues. Everybody tries to make it to the boarding area as quickly as they can, even if it’s not their turn. You will see people who try to sneak in because they’re on row 23, to people who are on row 12 (normally the first row in the Economy Class) and should wait but don’t want to ‘lose their spot’.

The conclusion is simple: the faster you make it to the plane, the faster you will arrive at your destination. I said that to the flight attendant last Wednesday, but I don’t think she agreed.

Finding your seat
Rule of the second biggest

I’m a big guy, OK. I’m very aware of my XXG size, so whenever I fly I choose a window seat and I curl to that direction, thus freeing some much needed space for the poor guy/lady who sits right next to me.

That would happen in about 5% of the cases. For the remaining 95%, this rule applies:

“In the event of a person bigger than my being on this plane, such person will sit right next to me”.

Believe me, this one never fails.

image  
Picture from PicShag.com


ArgentinaHe escrito algunas notas pretendidamente graciosas sobre mis viajes constantes y la vida en los aeropuertos. No hace mucho me encontré con Dave, que es Vice Presidente de la compañía en la que trabajo, y me contó que él también ha escrito sus cosillas, las que resultaron mucho más divertidas que las mías (No lo digo de ‘chupamedias’, es cierto; Dave es un tipo muy gracioso). Como algunas de mis notitas son todavía… eh… aceptables, las compartiré con ustedes. Díganme que les parecen.

Embarcando
Regla del colado indocumentado

Si por la razón que fuera, uno deja que alguien se le meta adelante en la fila (por ejemplo, una persona mayor), ese/a pasajero/a no tendrá su documentación lista o peor aún, consigo, así que uno deberá esperar por no menos de 3 á 5 minutos más de lo normal.

Embarcando
Los cuellos de botellas funcionan!

Por fin comienzan a embarcar tu vuelo. Primera Clase y Business embarcan primero, por supuesto, y luego la gente con nenes chiquitos o con dificultades para desplazarse. Hasta ahí, todo bien. Luego comienzan a embarcar la clase Turista comenzando por los que se sientan en la parte de atrás del avión. Digamos, fila 25 para arriba.

Se produce el caos. Todos quieren meterse en el área de embarque lo más rápido posible, aunque no sea el turno de ellos. Verá gente tratando de embarcarse haciéndose los pavos cuando tienen asiento en la fila 23, gente que dice que pensaron que era del 1 al 25, gente que está en la fila 12 (normalmente la primera de la clase Turista) y que deberían correrse del lugar y esperar, pero no quieren ‘perder su puesto’.

La conclusión es simple: cuanto más rápido uno se zambulla en el avión, más rápido se llegará a destino. Le comenté eso a la azafata el miércoles pasado, pero me parece que ella no estuvo de acuerdo.

image
Source: Silive.com

Buscando tu asiento
Regla del segundo más grande

Soy un tipo grande, OK. Estoy muy al tanto de mi talle XXG, así que siempre elijo un asiento en ventanilla y me acurruco en esa dirección, para darle más espacio al pobre señor o señora que se sienta al lado mío.

Esto ocurre en un 5% de los casos. Para el 95% restante, esta regla entra en vigencia:

“Si hubiere una persona más voluminosa que yo en todo el pasaje, esa persona tendrá su asiento justo al lado del mío”

Créanme, esta regla no falla jamás!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
Share |